Don't "diet", instead, Transform Your Life! We offer meal plans with recipes that taste GREAT! Enjoy your food, live your life, and reach your goals!
really wanted something "sweet" on my oatmeal protein pancakes, but couldn't do
any type of sugar (honey, maple, etc). But... I realized that since I was eating
these post workout (heavy workout), I could do fruit (after a heavy workout,
your body needs a hit of simple sugars to help restore glycogen reserves). So I
tossed some fruit in a sauce pan and away I went!
● Fresh fruit of choice (I've done this with 1 cup of blackberries, and another day with a 4.4 oz container of blueberries)
● 2 Tbsp water
● 1/2 to 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
● Mix all ingredients in a small sauce pan over med-high heat until bubbly.
● Reduce to low & simmer, stirring often to break down the fruit.
● Cook until it's reduced to a syrup consistency.
Nutrition Info: This is for the Blueberry version... I'm not sure if the nutrition data changes once you cook down the fruit, but here's the data.
Blueberry - 1 cup blueberries plus 1 tsp vanilla and 2 Tbsp water. Bring to boil, then reduce and simmer, stirring often.
Blackberry - 1 cup blackberries plus 1 tsp vanilla and 2 Tbsp water. Bring to boil, then reduce and simmer, stirring often.
Strawberry-Banana - 3 medium strawberries, diced, plus 1 small banana, sliced. Add 1 tsp vanilla & 2 Tbsp water. Bring to boil, then reduce and simmer, stirring often.